Thursday, November 15, 2007

Done so far

When I bought the car it was idling rough and needed a little assistance when started cold, so I replaced all the vacuum hoses and hose clamps (everything was original) this helped the cold start issues and smoothed out the idle but there is still some tuning to be done to compensate for the cam which the previous owner had installed.

Next up was the tach which was no working, I assumed it was due to the 3V batteries on the service indicator circuit board so I ordered some replacements and soldered them in. It didn't solve the problem and I haven't had time to investigate further.

In order to get ready to have a roll cage installed I am in the process of gutting the interior. First up was the trunk liner and the rear seat; combined weight of ~50 lbs. Next was to scrape off the sound deadening material from the trunk; weight ~53 lbs.
Also now removed are the front seats (~45 lbs each non-powered) and the center console. Next up is to remove the carpet and scrape off the sound deadening material from the interior of the car.

No comments: